Loki and Sigyn :
The gods of Asgard after getting tired with Loki and his tricks, sentenced him to be held in captivity till Ragnarok.
Some of his allegations:
1. Tricking Hoor to kill Baldr.
2. Accomplice in the kidnap of Idun and her apples.
3. Stirring fights between gods.
Some of his service to Asgard:
1. He tricked the giant to build the wall and screwed him from getting his payment.
2. He tricked the dwarfs to create priceless possessions for the Asgard gods.
3. He did bring Idun back.
The gods turned one of his sons Vali to wolf and made him tear apart the other son Narfi.
Then used the guts of the dead son to tie up Loki to three stones.
A poison spilling serpent was tied right above Loki's head and it was dripping venom alltime.
Wifey: (too bad she doesnt even get more than 2 mention in the whole mythology)
The faithful wife Sigyn sat next to Loki and was capturing the venom in a bowl.
Earthquake and Loki:
During every interval ie the short while whenever she tries to empty the bowl, the serpent's dripping venom caused so much pain to Loki. And his writhe in pain results as earthquake as per Norse mythology.
Shiva and Parvati :